Layers Issues

Ask for help and post bugs.

Layers Issues

Postby SlaggyWolfie » Wed May 23, 2018 5:20 pm

Hello,

I'm using the newest? version of TouchScript and I have a situation where I am trying to pan and zoom a camera (in Unity) as well as Tap on 3D objects in the background. I am attempting to achieve this using Layers - a Fullscreen Layer (as per the Camera Example) and a Standard Layer ( and I would guess to consume the input before the Fullscreen Layer).

I fail at making it work. All input gets consumed by the Fullscreen Layer. And the 3D objects never receive any input. I am unsure how to proceed. I tried reordering the Layers in the Touch Manager but it still did not work.

Instructions, guidance or an example will be of tremendous use to me and I thank you for any provided.

P.S. How does TouchScript interact with Unity's GUI system (specifically Buttons).
SlaggyWolfie

Re: Layers Issues

Postby ireth86 » Thu May 24, 2018 1:03 pm

Hi,
you have to make sure that the layer order in TouchManager is
1) StandardLayer
2) FullscreenLayer

Also, check "Hit 3D Objects" in the StandardLayer component (you should also set the Layer mask as you want it to behave).
ireth86

Postby SlaggyWolfie » Thu May 24, 2018 1:23 pm

I do do exactly that. However, I scoured a bit of the forums and found something that might confirm the thing I'm experiencing right now: No input reaches the Fullscreen Layer, like the Standard Layer consumes all the output. Which it only should I think when it hits an object.
SlaggyWolfie

Postby ireth86 » Thu May 24, 2018 2:54 pm

How do you check that any input reaches the 3d model? Are you sure that the Tap Gesture has a correct setup?
(I'm asking apparently "basic stuff" because I'm using a similar setup and it's working correctly.)
ireth86

Postby SlaggyWolfie » Fri May 25, 2018 11:52 am

I was having a weird issue with my scene setup. Apparently some objects didn't have the correct layer, so since my camera was pointing directly towards one of them, there was one place to make the Fullscreen Layer to hit.
SlaggyWolfie

Return to Help and Bugs