Scroll sensitivity using Screen Space - Camera on Android

Ask for help and post bugs.

Scroll sensitivity using Screen Space - Camera on Android

Postby Berno » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:54 am

Hello,

I have successfully been using TouchScript in my Unity project for a number of years on Android.
Recently I have expanded to the PC platform and when adding support for VR I had to change the UI to use Screen Space - Camera so that it would render the UI in VR correctly.

Unfortunately a side effect of this is that when I switch back to Android although everything works fine in the Editor on the actual device Scroll Rects are extremely sensitive with the smallest motion scrolling to the top and bottom of the lists. Switching every canvas back to Screen Space - Overlay fixes the behaviour however this is a very time consuming manual job as I have a large number of prefabs with Canvas objects on them that are instantiated at runtime.

I have narrowed it down to TouchScript as with a standard input event system changing the canvas render mode does not cause this sensitivity issue.

Any ideas?
Is there something missing in projection code of TouchScript to deal with the different DPI in this situation?
I can only think of workarounds perhaps an editor script to automate the job of switching render modes on all the prefabs? Or a way of using standard Unity input for the menus and just using TouchScript when I need it in the editor, however this seems difficult as TouchScript likes to add its own version of the input module and trouble is caused when the two systems fight over control!
However I would much prefer an actual solution to the issue.

Appreciate any help.
Berno

Re: Scroll sensitivity using Screen Space - Camera on Androi

Postby ireth86 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:20 pm

Hi, I'm having the same issue with the canvas in Camera space on a simple touchscreen screen.
It works properly if I test it on my pc with mouse, but the scroll sensitivity gets too high when I test it on a "real" touchscreen.
--- UPDATE ---
I found this https://github.com/TouchScript/TouchScript/issues/256 which is related to our problem.
I'm going to try to download the updated version from Git and see what happens.
--- UPDATE 2 ---
https://github.com/TouchScript/TouchScr ... 116f791d08
I downloaded this version, and it seems to have fixed it!
ireth86

Re: Scroll sensitivity using Screen Space - Camera on Androi

Postby Berno » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:56 am

Yes!
I got a chance to try building my project with the develop branch of TouchScript and it fixed the problem.
Nice find, thanks so much for sharing!
Berno

Return to Help and Bugs