TouchScript + Unity Events 3D and 2D

Ask for help and post bugs.

TouchScript + Unity Events 3D and 2D

Postby maosoto » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:12 am

Hi. I´m using TouchScript as in the photos example to be able to transform GUI images with multitouch, and also using Unity 2D buttons. I was able to do this with no problem. But also I have camera movements associated with swipes with unity standard input touch and 3d objects with the unity Event Trigger. I have tried to add a second camera to filter TouchScript from unity related events with no luck. I also check on the touch manager pointer layers with no luck. The standard layer is attached to both cameras and I try to check hit 3D objects and the other combinations but is like TouchScript is blocking all the unity events. So I wonder if is possible to have Unity 3d and 2D events and TouchScript 2D events at the same time and how to do it properly.

Thanks and regards
maosoto

Re: TouchScript + Unity Events 3D and 2D

Postby valyard » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:22 pm

Hi.
I wouldn't advise this. It is better to leave all touch interaction to TouchScript.
I don't quite understand why you need Unity to handle part of the input.
valyard
Site Admin

Re: TouchScript + Unity Events 3D and 2D

Postby maosoto » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:45 am

Well the main reason is because my project is advanced and I already have GUI buttons which are quite easy to connect to my own functions. And I can extend this functionality to 3d objects using events. Also I already hace camera movement scrips associate with camera touch. In this case what I want to avoid is to migrate everything to TouchScript.
maosoto

Return to Help and Bugs