TUIO Support not working! TS 9.0

Random discussions.

TUIO Support not working! TS 9.0

Postby hunvee3 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:23 pm

Hi there, my name is Nick, I’ve been using TouchScript on Unity for some time now but, when upgrading to 9.0 I encountered some issues that might be simple to solve.

I’ve created a brand new project on unity 2017.1 and set the settings to allow TUIO input.

Then I tried out the example scenes using TUIODroid (Android app) as a testing device but I can’t make it work. This is a big issue since the only input source my clients need is this one.

According to the documentation I need to add TOUCHSCRIPT_TUIO to the scripting define symbols on the player settings, which I did. Both manually and using the settings.

I also noticed that in the previous version I had to add a TUIO Input component for everything to work but in 9.0 I cant do that.
It just doesn’t show on the input sources menú and also when trying to add it by drag and drop, I receive the following error:

Can’t add script component ‘TuioInput’ because the script class cannot be found. Make sure that there are no compile errors and that the file name and class name match

This is my first problem.

The second problem I have is that in my Project, I was using the event TouchesMoved to manage my functionality, but I can’t seem to find the new implementaiton for this.

I need help, Thanks in advance!
hunvee3

Re: TUIO Support not working! TS 9.0

Postby valyard » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:05 am

It's probably that you need to manually right-click on TuioInput and reimport it after setting up the define. At this point you will see TouchInput in Add Component menu. I found out this behavior recently but don't know what to do with it at the moment.

The other question — you should use PointersUpdated event (http://touchscript.github.io/docs/html/ ... pdated.htm).
valyard
Site Admin

Re: TUIO Support not working! TS 9.0

Postby hunvee3 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:45 am

Thank you very much. It solved my problem.
The pointersUpdated event is called also when my mouse moves without clicking, this was a problem but disabling the standard input prevents it. I need TUIO for, lets call it gameplay, and mouse form menues... Doesn't matter, thanks a lot!!!.
hunvee3

Return to General Discussion